DHL Supply Chain South Africa invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Driver: Forklift – PE Mondelez Coega.
Position: Driver: Forklift – PE Mondelez Coega
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
BE PART OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST LOGISTICS COMPANY
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail company.
We’re one of the world’s largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories. We’re Europe’s largest postal service, partner for eCommerce and pioneers in secure digital communication. We’re number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
Join us and you’ll be working for a global company that’s focused on service, quality, and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives.
And not just for our customers, but for every member of our Group too.
At DHL Supply Chain South Africa, we’re looking for…
VacancyDriver: Forklift (PE – Mondelez Coega)
Moving of palletised stock according to requirements of the operation. Service delivery – on time – accurately. Ensure customer service is the highest standard and that losses to the company are kept to a minimum. To maintain the integrity of the company at all times.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Honesty – pride in his job and an eye for detail
• Daily checks of forklift and completion of daily checklist – check daily controls – brakes hydraulic oil – tyres
• Ensure correct us of forklift and other company equipment and to timeously report any defects
• To report and record any non-conformity with regards to customer merchandise
• Maintain high level of hygiene of forklift
• To work within operating areas as determined by management and the needs of the business
• When carrying out duties – follow standard operating procedures and safe working practices
• To assist with the induction of new employees
• Perform administrative tasks in line with SOP
• Completion of daily MHE check lists
• Safe and correct operation of equipment
• Keep damages to a minimum
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Relevant professional qualifications
• Valid forklift drivers license (annual re-test)
Competencies & Skills & Experience
• Good written and communication skills and understand basic arithmetical principles
• Person should know what products are handled by the Company
• Person needs basic understanding of distribution and transport methods
• Person should be able to enforce health and safety procedures and identify hazards
• Person should have a working knowledge of packaging and warehousing methods and application
• Person should have a good understanding of quality as a key value
• Awareness of importance of security
• Operational knowledge and understanding of service delivery
• Ability to understand instructions and to accurately carry out instructions – must listen effectively and convey ideas logically
• React to customers in a courteous and professional manner
• Person should be able to propose different solutions to problems when asked to do so – must be able to act of their own without being urged to do so
• Ability to meet time limits as set
• 3 years driving experience in an FMCG environment
• Knowledge of clients requirements and customers needs
English – verbal and written.