SAMPRA Development Fund invites South African graduates to apply for the Internship Opportunities.
Position: Internship Opportunities
Location: Amanzimtoti, KwaZulu-Natal
The SAMPRA Development Fund has internship opportunities for two graduates who want to develop skills and experience in the South African music industry. The successful interns will be placed at New Dimension Music (PTY), (Amanzimtoti, KZN) and must have completed qualifications in Public Relations, Marketing, Music, or related fields. The successful candidates will get full exposure in the running of a record company. The core exposure areas are Publishing, Public Relations, Production, and Artists & Repertoire, the following are key requirements for any prospective intern.
- A completed qualification in the field of study mentioned above,
- No work experience,
- Proof of qualification (certified copy of transcript and/or qualification),
- Should be close or a driving distance to Amanzimtoti (KZN province),
- All interns will be expected to have access to Wi-Fi network at home as they may be allowed to work from home from time to time,
- A South African, and
- Passionate about music and positive energy.
Should you possess all the above qualities and meet most of the requirements, please email a concise cv and certified copies of your qualifications and or transcripts to [email protected] by close of business 27 October 2023. The internship will be for a period of 12 months at New Dimension Music (PTY). All placed interns will receive a stipend. Should you not hear from us six weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful as communication will only be entered with shortlisted applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CREDIT CONTROLLER
SAMPRA, a non-profit organisation based in Parktown, has a vacancy for a Credit Controller. This is a temporary position which will entail reporting to the Financial Director. SAMPRA issues licences to music users and collects, manages, and distributes royalties on behalf of its members.
Collecting all outstanding revenue by communicating with customers and resolving all their queries. Play a supporting role to the Finance Team when required.
- Contact all customers with outstanding debt per prescribed protocols and request payment.
- Record notes on each customer interaction per internal system requirements.
- Resolve customer queries and communicate outcomes to line manager.
- Identify, investigate, and allocate customer receipt per bank statement with supporting documents.
- Verify proof of payments received from bank statements.
- Process refund and journal requests according to internal protocol.
- Investigate and allocate unallocated receipts.
- Investigate and match unmatched receipts.
- Complete and submit vendor forms.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of computer-generated invoices, credit notes, early settlement discount credit notes, and bad debt credit notes.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable reconciliation and analysis reports.
- Process monthly Customer Statement Report on scheduled dates and ensure all customer transactions (invoices, Credit, Notes, Journals) have been processed prior to statement run.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Perform all related administrative tasks.
- Matric with Accounting or relevant Diploma with a recognised institution.
- Working experience in Pastel Accounting or related system.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a credit control environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Above average customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team and alone.
- Ability to be firm yet professional.
- Proficiency in Excel and Outlook.
- Mature and emotionally intelligent.
- An attractive work attendance record.
Should you possess all the above qualities and meet most of the requirements, please email a concise cv and certified copies of your qualifications and or transcripts to [email protected] by close of business 27 October 2023.
The position will be for a period of 6 months at SAMPRA.
Should you not hear from us six weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful as communication will only be entered with shortlisted applicants.